The Hermitage Artist Retreat
The health and safety of our guests, artists, and staff are top priorities. As we continue with our live outdoor events and programs, we are taking extra precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable outdoor celebration:
- All event activities will be held outdoors.
- Masks and individual hand sanitizers will be provided to each guest.
- Capacity will be limited to accommodate greater social-distancing.
- Tables will be spaced further apart from one another.
- For an additional surcharge, guests may request private tables of two, four, or other configurations.
- There will be no items on the table that are designed for sharing (e.g. salt and pepper, etc.)
- All serving staff will be wearing masks and gloves, and will regularly change gloves.
- Michael’s On East staff will be serving all dishes; there will be no ‘self-serve.’
- Staff will operate in teams; one to serve and one to clear, with no serving staff lingering beside tables.
- As is the policy with each of our visiting Hermitage artists, all guests will be asked to reaffirm upon arrival that they have had no fever or other symptoms of illness for at least 21 days prior to arrival.
The Hermitage has been safely operating its artist residency program since June of 2020 and has been presenting safe, socially-distanced outdoor events since fall of 2020. We understand your comfort level to attend the 2021 Hermitage Artful Lobster is a personal choice, and we respect whatever decision you make. Please know that we are taking significant measures to ensure that this event is as safe as any trip to the grocery store or outdoor dining experience. If you are unable to attend (or not comfortable to do so), we hope you will still consider supporting the Hermitage in this season as we work to provide a safe and inspiring atmosphere for artists who are creating the work that will enrich our lives for many years to come.