The Hermitage Artist Retreat & Michael's on East
The health and safety of our guests, artists, and staff are top priorities. As one of the first events of the fall season, we are taking extra precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable outdoor celebration:
- All event activities will be held outdoors under open-air tenting.
- Masks and individual hand sanitizers will be provided to each guest.
- Capacity will be limited to accommodate greater social-distancing.
- There will be no silent auction; only a paddle raise.
- Tables will be spaced six feet apart from one another, and each table’s capacity has been limited this year to eight persons.
- For an additional surcharge, guests may request private tables of two, four, or other configurations.
- All flatware will be sterilized and rolled.
- There will no items on the table that are designed for sharing (e.g. salt and pepper, etc.)
- All serving staff will be wearing masks and gloves, and will regularly change gloves.
- Michael’s on East staff will be serving at the buffet stations, with no ‘self-serve.’
- Staff will operate in teams; one to serve and one to clear, with no serving staff lingering beside tables.
- As is the policy with each of our visiting Hermitage artists, all guests will be asked to reaffirm upon arrival that they have had no fever or other symptoms of illness for at least 21 days prior to arrival on the Hermitage campus.
The Hermitage has been safely operating its artist residency program since late June. We understand your comfort level to attend the Artful Lobster is a personal choice, and we respect whatever decision you make. Please know we are taking significant measures to ensure that this event is as safe as any trip to the grocery store or outdoor dining experience. If you are unable to attend (or not comfortable to do so), we hope you will still consider supporting the Hermitage in this season as we work to provide a safe and inspiring atmosphere for artists who are creating the work that will enrich our lives for many years to come.