Come and work on the beach! The Hermitage Artist Retreat on Manasota Key, Englewood seeks a dynamic development director to join its administrative team. The development director reports to the executive director and is specifically charged with donor cultivation, administration and stewardship. While grant writing and event administration are contracted activities, coordination with the granting process will be necessary. The position will supervise the event administration contractor. The successful candidate will feel comfortable working with autonomy and flexibility in collaboration with the small Hermitage administrative team.
Education: Undergraduate degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least three-five years of experience in a senior not-for-profit development position.
Essential Skills: Superior interpersonal skills required. This position is about interacting with our donors and potential donors with grace and charm; following up in an organized and timely fashion, and working with the Hermitage staff to create and execute an overall development plan. The ideal candidate is a well-organized “people person” who is comfortable with the 21st century digital world. Primary areas of responsibility are:
- Maintain Donorsnap data base
- Acknowledge all gifts, including tax donations, in a timely manner
- Develop and implement recognition opportunities for donors, including giving levels, communications, and web page listings
DONOR Retention and Acquisition
- Design, implement, and manage the Annual Fund Campaign
- Assist executive director, program director, and trustees in identifying, recruiting and retaining Palm Circle, Residency Sponsors, and other major donors
- Design, implement, and manage the Giving Challenge on-line campaign
- Supervise contracted event administration
- Serve as staff liaison to the three event committees
- Cultivate sponsors for these and other events and programs
- Assist with Hermitage public programs as needed
- Produce event and campaign financial reports for the board
- Review Hermitage monthly financial reports
- Participate in annual budget development
- Assist the executive director as requested
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and references in .pdf format to director@HermitageArtistRetreat.org with the subject line: Development Director Application.